When you attend your semiannual dental cleanings, you may notice how skillfully our dental hygienist flosses your teeth. If you are looking to floss like a pro, you’ll want to carefully attend to these instructions:
– Cut 18 inches of floss and twist the ends around the middle fingers of both hands.
– Grip the floss snugly between your thumbs and forefingers on each hand.
– Begin at the back of the mouth. Guide the floss into the crevice between the tooth and the gumline.
– Use a different part of the flossing thread and replicate this process with the next crevice.
– Curve the floss into a C shape and use a gentle scraping motion along each side of the crevice and gently guide it into the space between the gum and the tooth. Lift the floss carefully out of the crevice.
– Repeat the last step with each tooth.
Refining your flossing technique takes careful attention and practice, but soon you really will be flossing like a pro. Enjoy your clean and beautiful smile! If you would like some in-person pointers at your next dental checkup, you can give Planet Dental a ring at 956-242-4245 to set up an appointment with Dr. and our expert dental staff. We look forward to your visit!